There is another option to starting a franchise business in Australia other than investing in a new one. Have you considered buying an existing franchise, otherwise known as a franchise resale?
Franchise resales are in abundance, and it may be very worthwhile looking at this option. However, you need to remember that you need to put in the same amount of due diligence, attention and research that you would put into buying a new franchise.
There are many existing franchisees in Australia looking to sell their franchise, and there are many justified reasons for doing so, including:
- Many franchisees plan ahead on selling their business(es) once they can make them profitable; this is their exit strategy from the start.
- The franchisee may be retiring or moving away
- Once in the business, some franchisees decide that it’s not the right choice for them and want to move onto to something else.
- The franchisees personal circumstances may have changed, such as ill health, or the death of a loved one, and they may no longer be able to cope with running their own business.
- In this section we look at the steps to buying a franchise resale as well as selling an existing franchise business.
We also have a directory of existing franchise opportunities for sale across Australia.
If you would like to find out more about advertising a franchise for sale, please contact [email protected]