Australian Franchise News – 15-05-12
Goodyear Autocare Sumner Park, Queensland owner, John Spencer, has received the top accolade at the 2012 Goodyear Autocare Conference, being awarded the title of ‘National Dealer of the Year’ during the four-day conference held in Perth.
The annual conference united the national network of Goodyear Autocare franchisees to celebrate and recognise excellence in tyre and automotive servicing. Nominated stores were judged across a number of business areas including customer feedback, program compliance, marketing, store appearance and sales.
Triumphing over 131 other Goodyear Autocare stores from across Australia competing for the title, John was presented with the accolade at the Gala Awards Dinner in the presence of approximately 200 franchisees, suppliers and associates. He said he was surprised, but thrilled that he’d won the award.
“It’s a great honour for us to be recognised amongst so many hard working dealers. We have a great team at Sumner Park and much of the credit for this award must go to them,” John said.
“I know our customers will also be delighted to find out they’re being serviced by the ‘Dealer of the Year’!”
“We’re a friendly, local business, and now by winning this award we’ve further proven our high national standard of service.”
Receiving the award was particularly significant for John after his Goodyear Autocare Sumner Park business was devastated by the Queensland floods in January, 2011.
“It has been very rewarding watching our business grow to what it is today, in particular how we have been able to pick ourselves up after the floods last year.
“Again, I need to thank my hardworking team at the store, along with the Goodyear Autocare network. Without them we wouldn’t have been able to achieve what we have over the last 12 months.”
‘Hall of Fame’ awards were also presented during the ceremony to stores and individuals who have shown continuous outstanding service to the Goodyear and Goodyear Autocare brands.
Conference delegates also had the opportunity to get up close and personal with some of Goodyear’s latest innovative technologies and industry-leading developments. These included the Spring Tyre – an airless tyre designed originally for use on the moon, and a concept tyre made with BioIsoprene, a revolutionary bio-based alternative for petroleum-derived isoprene. The development of BioIsoprene will help reduce the tyre and rubber industry’s dependence on oil-derived products.
Goodyear Autocare Dealer of the Year Winners & Hall of Fame Inductees
National Goodyear Autocare Dealer of the Year
• Goodyear Autocare Sumner Park, QLD – John Spencer
NSW/ACT Goodyear Autocare Dealers of the Year
• Metro winner – Goodyear Autocare Gungahlin, ACT – Paul Whyte
• Rural winner – Goodyear Autocare Bathurst, NSW – Gareth Morgan Thomas
VIC/TAS Goodyear Autocare Dealers of the Year
• Metro winner – Goodyear Autocare Diamond Creek, VIC – Jeff Buchanan
• Rural winner – Goodyear Autocare Benalla, VIC – Clem Cregan
QLD Goodyear Autocare Dealers of the Year
• Metro winner – Goodyear Autocare Sumner Park, QLD – John Spencer
• Rural winner – Goodyear Autocare Townsville, QLD – Bill Horwood
SA/WA/NT Goodyear Autocare Dealers of the Year
• Metro winner – Goodyear Autocare Darwin, NT – Stuart Palmer
• Rural winner – Goodyear Autocare Cleve, SA – Gary Cretteden
Goodyear Autocare Hall of Fame Inductees
• O’Neills Tyre Service – Hunter Valley
• Central Tyre Service – Shepparton
• Geoff Keighran (Goodyear Autocare Swan Hill)
• Ross McGowan (Goodyear Autocare Milton)
• Ron King (Goodyear Autocare Smithfield)
• Nev Clohessy (Goodyear Autocare Roma)
• Doug Trenwith (Goodyear Autocare Sales & Operations Manager)