Australian Franchise News – 26-04-12
Brendan Green, CEO of Australia’s leading handyman franchise group, Hire A Hubby, has congratulated Hire A Hubby Ambassador Scott Cam and the Nine Network’s The Block on winning the Logie for the Most Popular Reality Program at this year’s Logie Awards
“This award is well-deserved and a recognition from the voting public of the value Scott and The Block provide Australians wanting to know more about home maintenance and renovations.”
Mr Green said the Logie win follows on from Hire A Hubby’s recent re-signing of Scott Cam as its Franchise Ambassador.
“Scott’s no nonsense approach to getting those often promised and often forgotten jobs around the house done safety and well matches Hire A Hubby’s approach to delivering value for our customers. We are very pleased our partnership with Scott is continuing and are proud to have him as Hire A Hubby’s Franchise Ambassador.”
Scott Cam thanked Brendan and said he was delighted to be continuing as Hire A Hubby’s Franchise Ambassador, especially in light of the findings from Hire A Hubby’s recent Unfinished Jobs Survey, which found three quarters of Australian women believe men are less handy today than 50 years ago.*
“Let’s face it, Aussie blokes aren’t as handy around the house as they used to be. That’s where Hire A hubby comes in – they do carpentry, painting, plastering, tiling, fencing, roofing, repairs and maintenance, you name it!”
The survey found Australian men struggle most getting jobs in the backyard completed, with painting coming a close second, followed by minor repairs around the house.
More than 70 percent of women surveyed said the death of the Aussie handyman was due to ‘the rise of technology based careers over trades’, with plain old ‘laziness’ being the next most popular answer.
Scott had a simple message for anyone putting those odd jobs around the house off with a third of the people surveyed revealing they were waiting up to a year before getting some of these jobs done.
“Don’t be a knucklehead – waiting this long can turn simple jobs into very serious ones.”
“Get your home repairs and maintenance jobs done when you notice them. You’ll save yourself significant time and money by doing so. If the job’s too big for you or you can’t do it, ring Hire A Hubby and get they’ll get it done for you.”
? Hire A Hubby’s Unfinished Jobs Survey – February 2012
TOP FIVE UNFINISHED HOUSEHOLD JOBS
1. Outdoor Maintenance: decking, garden clean up, spraying weeds
2. Painting: rooms, decks, fences
3. General Property Maintenance: weatherboards, floorboards, flyscreens, replacing toilet roll holders or towel rails & odd jobs
4. General carpentry work: Kids cubby house / sand pit/ dog kennel or other basic carpentry
5. General Home Makeover: bathroom / kitchen makeovers, outdoor areas, nursery
• sample size: 500 women aged between 25 and 65
• 75 percent of respondents believe men are less handy today compared with 50 years ago
• Respondents indicated the primary cause of this was an ‘increase in technology based careers over trades’ followed by ‘laziness’
• When a handyman was called to the home 39 percent of respondents indicated their partner was ‘just happy to see the job finished’ while only 11 percent indicated their partner was ‘resentful’
• General property maintenance including basic household repairs ranked highest as the jobs respondents most wanted completed in 2012