Franchising law is a very specialised field and it requires advisors who understand not only the specifics of franchising but the issues facing SME businesses from home services, food retail to business and finance services.
At Holman Webb we help our clients:
- Build and launch a franchise system – including advice on the best structure to use and personalising the documentation to suit your needs and incorporating changes as the system grows.
- Manage relationships with franchisees – commercial advice on dispute resolution and mediation, and where needed, dealing with franchisee default and terminations.
- Protect their brand and system and enforce brand standards – this includes trade mark and intellectual property protection, policy development.
- Buy and sell franchised businesses, both large and small.
- Expand internationally or bring a franchise system to Australia.
- Deal with their other business relationships – advice and negotiation in relation to transactions and relations with landlords, suppliers, employees, creditors and banks and dealing with non-franchise arrangements such as licensing and distribution networks.
We combine a practical business-oriented approach with personalised service and an understanding of the cost and other pressures of SME businesses and the franchising sector but with a range of expertise to match the big firms.
Franchising is headed by Corinne Attard a Partner in our Sydney office. Corinne has more than 25 years franchising and retail industry experience including extensive in-house experience. Her clients include some of Australia’s most recognisable retail and franchise brand names.
Holman Webb is a commercial and insurance law firm which was established in Sydney, Australia in 1960. Today we have offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The firm has more than 140 legal professionals, including 25 Partners.
Our clients operate in a range of Australian industry sectors throughout the country and include major national and multi-national corporations, small and medium enterprises, not-for-profits and Commonwealth and State Government departments, agencies and services.
We have established affiliates in Europe, United States of America and Asia Pacific and are a member of two leading international networks of independent law firms: Cicero and the State Capital Group.
Our approach involves a higher than average level of partner contact and a team that is accessible, available and responsive. Our clients tell us that we are friendly and approachable and many consider us an extension of their in-house teams. In fact, so strong are our client relationships that many of them date back two or even three decades.
- The major areas of legal work undertaken by Holman Webb are:
- Banking and Finance
- Business, Corporate and Commercial
- Commercial Recovery and Insolvency
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Foreign Investment and Immigration
- Health, Aged Care and Life Sciences
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Private Clients
- Third Sector: NFP and Social Enterprise
- Workplace Relations
See more at: www.holmanwebb.com.au or contact:
Corinne Attard | Partner
Holman Webb Lawyers
Level 17 Angel Place
123 Pitt Street Sydney 2000
GPO Box 119 Sydney 2001
T: (02) 9390 8354
F: (02) 9390 8390
E: [email protected]