Dreamt of being your own boss? Donut King new-look franchises are now available and we’re looking for passionate people with a love for life to join our family! No experience is necessary.
Donut King is the KING of opportunity; we operate in all states and territories within Australia. We attract consumers from all age groups and socio-demographic areas. Donut King is now much, much more than simply the World’s most delicious donuts – tastes change over time and our tastes have changed too.
While still offering the old favourites, Donut King has also introduced a wider range of snack options, including healthy smoothies and low fat ice cream and milkshakes. All about FUN!
About Donut King
During the past three decades, Donut King has evolved into Australia’s largest specialty donut and coffee destination, with more than 325 outlets across Australia, New Zealand, China, Papua New Guinea and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Apart from its world-famous DK Cinnamon Donuts, Donut King also treats customers of all ages to ‘original’ and ‘classic’ donut ranges, milkshakes; Quake Shakes, frozen beverages, hot dogs, ice creams, toasties, and its very own blend of espresso coffee, Royal Bean. We offer a large range of store types ranging from a drive thru operation to a full format inline café or kiosk with seating.
Donut King is part of Retail Food Group (RFG) – Australia’s largest multi food franchise group. RFG is also the proud franchisor of 8 other iconic brands: Brumby’s Bakery, Michel’s Patisserie, Pizza Capers, Esquires Coffee Houses, Crust Gourmet Pizza, Gloria Jean’s, Cafe2U, and The Coffee Guy.
Why choose Donut King?
- Since the opening of the first Donut King store in 1981, Donut King has progressed from a rudimentary franchise system to one of the most recognised & successful franchise systems in Australia.
- Donut King has over 325 stores throughout Australia, New Zealand, China, Papua New Guinea & Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The Donut King brand is highly recognizable, millions of customers throughout Australia and internationally are every day enjoying the experience, friendly service and quality food and beverages offered in our outlets.
- The Retail Food Group franchise systems are approved with several major financial institutions. This means that Retail Food Group can provide you with contact details of financial institutions who understand business, franchising and the Donut King system.
- The benefits to franchisees of joining a multi brand franchisor are significant, including best price negotiated for them through the strength of the franchising system, greater advertising frequency and marketing opportunity, greater brand awareness, and access to a broad range of products, services and training programs.
Donut King’s Marketing Department are a team of qualified professionals with years of experience creating and implementing innovative and successful marketing programs. The marketing team are responsible for all major national campaigns as well as:
- TV & radio advertising
- Social media
- Donut King website
- New product development
- Public relations
- Loyalty cards
- 5 weeks at our dedicated and purpose built training academy on the Gold Coast in QLD Australia
- 3 days in store practice in your home state
- Additional in-store support when your store opens or upon settlement, in addition to ongoing assistance with in-store training on a needs basis from both National Office and the Sales and Performance team.
Qualifications required to become a Donut King franchisee
- No specific qualifications are required, although having business experience is an advantage
- Great written & oral communication skills
- The desire to be the owner / operator of the store
- The ambition to be successful & the drive to maximize the potential of the store
- The ability & willingness to follow the franchisor’s proven systems
How much does a Donut King franchise cost?
Capital investment required: $280K – $360K
Hear from one of our franchisees
“I had no franchise experience prior to purchasing my Donut King outlet. What attracted me to RFG and Donut King was the extensive range of franchise systems that RFG offered and the years of experience and success behind the company. The practical component of the training is very thorough and the theory component gives an overview of the business from outside the store, which has given me the tools to create a successful business.”
Robert Gordon, Donut King Bluewater Square
New site opportunities
**Multiple new and existing (resale) sites available now across Australia. Enquire today for a free franchise information pack**
For more information on this exceptional franchise business opportunity, please complete the short form provided