Australian Franchise News – 31-10-14
Leading Spanish chocolate cafe, San Churro, proudly made way for its next generation concept store with a brand new opening at 271 Brunswick St, Fitzroy.
The new concept store replaced the first ever San Churro store (located at 275 Brunswick St) which opened in March 2006, as a demonstration of the brand’s evolvement. The new store will be a company-owned store.
Designed to test new product and service innovations as well as pilot a whole new brand experience, the concept store’s features include:
- A new look and feel that maintains its Spanish-heritage design and architectural references in a modern way (lighter and brighter than previous designs)
- New oven that will allow San Churro to deliver Spanish empanadas – its first foray into a savoury food offering
- New counter design, ice cream cabinet (with 12 flavours) and large cake & truffle fridge
- Complete table service, no menu boards in store – a unique offer to competitors
- Trialling new desserts (deep fried ice cream)
- Trialling new brand partnerships, initiated with a wifi photo printer from Kodak Alaris that allows customers to print their San Churro celebration photo from their phone
As a rapidly growing business, San Churro has grown from one store in Fitzroy in 2006 to 40 stores nationally in 2014, with a value of $50million.
To celebrate the launch of the new opening, San Churro held a fiesta on Thursday 23rd October from 6-9pm. The evening offered a true taste of Spain including, live music, complimentary beer and wine, delicious canapés, along with other delights. Invitation attached.