Australian Franchise News – 10-09-12
With the recent news from FMG about job losses, and more expected on the mining industry horizon, many are looking to home for the work life balance on the same income.
Regional Franchisor Meesha Watson said customer demand was outstripping supply and franchisees could make the sort of money that most only associate with a fly-in, fly-out career whilst staying home with the family.
“Often, our FIFO enquiries are looking for something more than just the money – they want to be home with the family as well,” said Ms Watson.
“We have had such a huge demand for our fencing services, that we have been unable to keep up,” she said.
The newest member to join the Jim’s Fencing team in Western Australia, Sean Chambers, says ditching the FIFO lifestyle earlier this year had given him what he wanted – a better family lifestyle.
“It gives me the freedom to do the family thing and I can earn as much in a week doing this as I could FIFO,” he said.
“You can make what you want to get out of it and be your own boss, which for me means I can schedule work when it suits, and still do things with the family.”
“I have four kids, ranging from five to 12, so if I want to attend their assemblies I can work around it.”
Ms Watson said that with all the training, ongoing support and brand recognition franchisees were doing better than ever.
“The fantastic thing about getting into a Jim’s fencing franchise is that you don’t need to know a thing about fencing – it will all be taught to you,” she said
Ms Watson said they were currently recruiting franchisees and provided the following benefits:
- A Work Availability Guarantee of $1500 – $1800 per week
- New franchise owners have eight weeks of paid training ($1000.00 per week)
- All tools, trailer, uniforms, stationery are provided
- Bookkeeping training is provided
- 94 per cent of the Australian population recognise the Jim’s brand and understand what it stands for.
- “Working outdoors can be rewarding to more than just your lifestyle with Jim’s Fencing.”
- “You control your own business; choose when you work, where you work, and what hours.”
- “You can also take holidays with the family when you want.”
Jim’s Fencing has been operating for over 10 years and is part of Australia’s largest franchise brand – Jim’s Group which has been around for over 25 years. Jims has over 3,200 Franchisees across Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Canada and is recognised as Australia’s leading home service provider.